About

22 February 2016

It's a Girl Thing

I remember the days of no responsibilities...

 
I could spend my whole paycheck on clothes and makeup without a care.
Now I just sit on my phone and "fake shop".
I add everything I want to my cart and seriously consider buying it all,
and then I delete it all before I actually do.
It somehow makes me feel better and helps my need for shopping.
 
 
 
And now that I have a baby that stuff is at the bottom of my priority list.
I would rather spend any extra money on him.
I fake shop a lot for him!
 
That being said...
 
 
I like expensive makeup, which was a habit I picked up when I was
single and could spend all my money on it.
I used to buy shampoo and conditioner that was $30... each.
I now use Pantene, and there is nothing wrong with it.
So why I spent that much money on shampoo and conditioner...
I really do not even know.
I spent an hour or two watching makeup tutorials with Grayson this morning, because he decided to wake up at 6 a.m. and not go back to sleep. ;)
I was hoping to find some good drugstore products.
I currently use bare minerals, which is $28.
I love it, but spending that much money on makeup just does not make sense to me anymore.
 
 
However, I still want to feel like my normal pre-baby self sometimes.
I feel so much better and more productive when I spend an hour on myself to get ready.
Even though it still is not really "me time" because I have to entertain Grayson
while I am doing it. Me time just does not happen anymore.
But...
He is completely worth it and I would not have it any other way!
I found a few products I would like to try and they are SO much cheaper.
The foundation I found is $6.
I have to say that is a lot better than spending $28.
 
 
I really need to update my look anyway.
I have been wearing the same old makeup the same old way for about 5 years.
I need to spice it up a bit.
 
 
If you ladies have any favorite products feel free to comment and tell me what you use!
I would like to find a nice eyeshadow palette that is reasonably priced.
I absolutely love my $5 eyelashes. I will not be getting rid of those anytime soon. ;)
I can usually make them last about a month.
I feel like it is important to do something for yourself when you have a baby.
All your time and energy is dedicated to those little babies, and you need to take a little time to make sure you are taken care of too. You cannot be everything you need to be if you are not taken care of too. Whatever makes you feel good, do it! Even if it is sitting down and watching your favorite show for an hour while your baby is napping.
 
 
Take care of yourself momma.





And...
Just because he is so cute. ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment