About

04 February 2016

Stop and Smell the Roses

 
Sometimes I feel like I am always in such a hurry to do everything that I cannot enjoy
anything I am doing. Even when I am trying to sit and snuggle with my baby
I keep thinking about all the things I need to be doing.
 
The saying "stop and smell the roses" popped into my head on the way to my mom's house yesterday.
So I took the long way just so I could enjoy the ride.
 

 
I feel like too often we are trying to rush through life.
I tell myself a million times a day to enjoy my baby because he will not be a baby for long.
He will not let me snuggle him forever. This will only last a little while.
 
The dirty floors can wait.
The dirty dishes can wait.
The laundry, the vacuuming, the house can all wait,
but my baby cannot.
He is already growing so fast.
I do not want to miss his life because I am too busy making sure everything else gets done.
 
It is okay not to get everything done!
It is okay to sit down and relax for an hour and snuggle the crap out of your baby.
One day they are not going to let you do it anymore.
They need that one on one time with you.
They cannot wait, but everything else can!
 
In a perfect life we would all be perfect and be Wonder Woman.
This is not that life, and that is perfectly okay.
 
If you do anything today let it be this...
 
Sit down with your loved ones and enjoy it!
 
Do not worry about all the things you need to do.
Relax and enjoy the time you get with the people you love.
That is what really matters in life, and that is something we all need a little more of.
 
 
- Keep Your Sweetness
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment